Sunday, February 12, 2012

Finger Wagging, Burger Eating, Fry Loving Hypocrite

Michelle Obama, on the upcoming campaign:


 


"It's sort of like working before vacation - only it's not a vacation," she said in an interview with a handful of reporters. "It's that same notion of 'How much time do we have? What do I have to do?'"
The first lady said she's also reminding herself not to take things personally once the rough-and-tumble of the campaign gets going.
"Things are different in a campaign environment," she said. "It's a competition. Things are said. You just take it one day at a time."
The first lady said she'll devote three days a week to politics once the campaign is in full swing, but she wants to continue working on her signature issues of fighting childhood obesity and supporting military families.

Sorry Michelle but for many people, you have no credibility. You lost it when we heard you nag us about our diets and lifestyles but saw you pigging out on burgers and fries (your favorite food!).

 No one would give a rats ass about what you eat Michelle, had you kept your mouth shut about what everyone else should be eating. A noble cause, perhaps, fighting obesity....but unless you're willing to be under constant scrutiny for your own habits- you have no business promoting "healthy eating habits". In other words, look in the mirror lady before wagging that finger at others.

1 comment:

  1. Michelle Obama, specifically her eating habits, comes across as "Do what I say, not what I do."

    Besides, I don't want her patrolling my kitchen.

    Years ago, I went to Diet Center and dropped over 35 pounds over the course of 6 months. My counsellor there certainly didn't pig out in front of me. Indeed, the eating program that I followed was so successful for so many of us that the center actually closed -- not enough "recidivism," I guess. Other Diet Centers have not been that successful.

    Thanks to a course of Lyrica, I need to drop some pounds again. But now there is no effective Diet Center near me; the only one near me doesn't have directors and counsellors who are as effective as the RN who counselled me before. **sigh**

    Anyway, one of the points that Diet Center made was "Don't watch too much TV because of all the food commercials. Don't thumb through women's magazines." Good advice when one is trying to maintain willpower.

    ReplyDelete